The purpose of this short course is to show the benefits of Transformational leadership and educate managers on effective and efficient organisational performance in today’s rapidly changing environment.
Transformational leadership shows managers how to behave in a manner conducive to shared vision and a sense of mission amongst organisational members.
Short Course Outcomes
After completing this short course you will be able to:
- Define the term “leadership”, and explain the difference between leading and managing.
- Distinguish between “knowledge management” and “learning organisation”.
- Understand the supportive link between knowledge management and the learning organisation.
- Explain the profound importance of the organisational value system and leadership role modelling.
- Graspthe attributes common to successful organisations.
- Explain what constitutes leadership and management.
- Distinguish between leadership traits and behaviour styles.
- Discuss comprehensively Covey’s seven habits of successful people.
- Explain the different approaches of the leadership style models.
- Motivate the profound importance of the two critical dimensions identified by the Ohio State studies.
- Understand the conceptual framework of leadership.
- Grasp fully the important influence of organisational culture and climate.
- Motivate why it is important to utilise psychological climate dimensions as profound motivators in leadership.
- Differentiate between transactional and transformational leadership.