Office Administration Management
The short course “Office Administration Management” is designed for someone who is, or who is planning to be, an office professional (including working in a project and programme office) such as a secretary, office assistant, office employee, administrative official, or personal or executive assistant employed in any industry, not only in South Africa, but anywhere in the world. The focus of the course is on the office environment within an organisation or business entity. Firstly, it looks at the economic environment in general, secondly at the office environment in more detail, and finally at the management of information in the office environment.
After completing the specialised short course, you will be able to:
- Identify and describe the different aspects in a business organisation, including the factors of production, the functions or departments in an organisation, the classification of enterprises and establishments in the economy, the different forms of businesses and the location of a business.
- Create an office environment to enhance productivity by applying different ergonomic and décor features.
- Identify the factors that will lead to sick building syndrome and give advice regarding safety and security requirements in an office.
- Discuss the advantages of the virtual office.
- Apply the management functions of planning, organising, leading (motivation) and control.
- Explain the role of the information function and information manager in an organisation.
- Identify the information needs in an organisation.
- Explain the relationship between the information function and the other functions in an organisation.
- Discuss the possible future of the information manager in a changing Industry 4.0 economic environment.
- Implement and manage an information system in an office.
- Describe aspects of information management, such as document management, mail and forms management.